Matrix Golf & Hospitality was formed in 1984 when Matrix acquired the celebrated Forsgate Country Club in Monroe, New Jersey. Since that time, the golf division has been instrumental in owning and managing numerous clubs in the Northeast and mid-Atlantic regions. Currently, Matrix Golf & Hospitality owns and/or manages the following properties:
|Echo Farms Site Plan - Fact Sheet
December 2, 2016
Matrix Development Group, the owner and developer of Echo Farms, consulting with a team of local experts, submitted a site plan for the development and improvement of the Matrix-owned property in Wilmington, NC. Matrix submitted the plan on Friday, December 2, 2016 in order to meet deadlines for submitting applications.
Over the past several years, recreational amenities like tennis and swimming have become increasingly popular, while the golf component has struggled. These demands mirror national trends towards more active recreation opportunities for people of all ages and abilities. Matrix has submitted a proposed design that includes an expansion of these sought-after community recreation areas, and a variety of new home opportunities, with sensitivity towards buffering the areas surrounding the Echo Farms property. With input from local traffic and infrastructure experts, the plan also allows for the creation of additional turn lanes along Independence Boulevard and Carolina Beach Road, ensuring that the improvements facilitate easy and efficient access.
With the submission of this site plan, Matrix has begun its outreach to encourage a dialogue about these plans. With community engagement, Echo Farms can continue to be a thriving, lasting staple of the Wilmington community for generations to come.
SITE PLAN FEATURES
The current approved zoning for the Echo Farms land that is included in this application (approximately 102 acres) allows for the development of 1,779 new homes. Matrix’s site plan submitted today calls for 536 new residences (less than 1/3 of the number of homes permitted by zoning), including:
• 171 single family homes
• 125 townhomes
• 240 multifamily homes
• Enhancing existing pool and pool area
• Adding lawn area for games and gatherings
• Adding playground for small children
• Adding firepit and park space within existing tree canopy
• Adding tennis courts with seating venues for viewing.
• Adding pickle ball courts
Matrix - owner of Echo Farms – began working with a variety of experienced local consultants in November 2015.
• Brian Eckel, Partner with Cape Fear Commercial, as development consultant
• Bill Schoettelkotte, CF Development Partners, will develop the proposed multifamily homes
• Jonathon Guy with Kimley Horn, as traffic engineers
• John Tunstall with Norris and Tunstall, as civil engineers
• Josh Mihaly with Mihaly Land Design, as landscape architects, who will also lead amenity re design and improvements
• Samuel Franck, Esq. with Ward and Smith, as counsel for legal/land use entitlements Matrix will continue to update the press and public throughout the approvals and development process. Matrix and its public relations consultant (Beckerman Public Relations) is available for questions.
For additional information please contact Beckerman Public Relations
|For information on Matrix Golf & Hospitality, its clubs or the services it provides, please press the contact button.|